At Quills we believe it’s in everyone’s interest to dedicate our time to finding ways to ensure a more positive environmental impact for our clients and our business.
Quills direct carbon footprint is minimal so we offset our CO2 emissions (since 2008) through the World Land Trust (WLT) to become carbon balanced. WLT is an international conservation charity, which protects the world’s most biologically important and threatened habitats acre by acre. Since its foundation in 1989, WLT has funded partner organisations around the world to create reserves, and give permanent protection to habitats and wildlife.
Our key supplier is ISO 14001 accredited (Environmental Standards Accreditation). They are fully committed to working positively to protect the environment and enhancing the Environmental and Social Governance performance within their supply chain.
NEW Eco Rewards Programme
To make sustainable purchasing even easier, we have set up a dedicated eco purchasing area which includes lots of environmentally friendly and recycled business supplies including paper, catering equipment, cleaning supplies, recycling bins and more.
We’re also delighted to launch our Eco Rewards programme which supports the World Land Trust Plant a tree Programme. Every time you shop our Eco Products or PPE & Hygiene range you can collect points and then redeem them to Plant a Tree or claim a Love2Shop voucher. For more information or to get involved, please click below.
- Our main distribution centre no longer uses single-use plastic void in boxes (March 2019)
- Shredded cardboard (made onsite) is being used for packaging void instead of single use plastic
- A third size box has been introduced to minimise waste – we now have A3, A4 and A5 boxes which are 100% recyclable
- We use 100% recyclable packing tape for boxes packed at Head office and recylable packaging
Our new vans are all low emission \ comply with ULEZ standards and are regularly maintained. Everyday our routes are planned to ensure the lowest cumulative mileage and maximum fuel efficiency. Out of area deliveries are despatched by the closest local depot or by a local third party courier.
We also calculate our Co2 carbon emissions regularly and they are offset through the World Land Trust. The strategy for transport is to move to the next generation of electric vehicles and alternative fuels when they become available.
Where possible, we try to use public transport to attend meetings, exhibitions and conferences and we encourage employee car sharing and cycling to work.
Green product range
- Our diverse range of green products can be easily accessible via our Green Index at the front of our catalogue
- 10,000 products are sustainably sourced and/or 50% recycled
- We’re commitment to doubling the amount of environmental and accredited products by 2021
- Take a look at our branded Eco corporate gifts – take a look here
- Eco Swap audits – we can provide eco audits for clients wishing to purchase more eco friendly products and look to implement a more sustainable purchasing solution
- Our key supplier is ISO 14001 accredited (Environmental Standards Accreditation)
- They are fully committed to working positively to protect the environment and enhancing the Environmental and Social Governance performance within their supply chain
- They are committed to doubling their environmental range by 2021
- We use low energy electrical products are always purchased where possible
- All non-critical equipment is switched off when not in use
- Rechargeable batteries are used for all mobile appliances
How we recycle
- Our catalogue is 100% recyclable and the paper is biodegradable as compost or can be incinerated to produce energy
- We have removed all desk bins and only have centralised recycling bins in Quills HQ
- We recycle paper, cardboard, batteries, toner cartridges and plastic
- We minimise paper use by storing information digitally and only print when absolutely necessary and we always utilise electronic marketing materials where possible to further reduce the need for printing
- All non-recyclable electrical equipment is disposed of responsibly
- We no longer use single-use plastic milk cartons and use glass milk bottles instead
Talk to our Green Team
To discover how easy recycling in the workplace can be or if you would like some more information on one of our Environmental Solutions, please complete the form below and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.