- Buy products with high recycled material content where possible.
- Recycle your office furniture by using local council schemes or please call 0845 078 0324 investigate the costs to recycle to assist with your environmental targets.
- Install different bins so that waste can be separated into plastics, paper and card, food waste and general waste.
- Recycle your toner cartridges via Quills.
- Recycle your batteries via Quills.
- Get rid of personal bins at desks and encourage staff to use bins which allow for separated waste.
- Organise a ‘Recycling Awareness Day’ for your employees and customers to engage in, promote your campaign via social media and even start your own hashtags!
- Purchase refillable pens via Quills to reduce plastic waste through stationery usage.
Reduce your carbon footprint
- Car sharing.
- Encouraging the use of public transport and provide incentives to do so (i.e. interest-free loans for public transport season tickets).
- Look into reducing the amount of water used when flushing toilets.
- Fit controllers on urinals systems to ensure that cisterns flush only during office hours. If refurbishing, consider waterless urinals and push-button taps.
- Report leaks & drips for fixing.
Good luck on your journey to becoming a greener business.