Energy Saving Tips
Below are a few hints and tips to get you started on your journey to becoming a greener business.
- Think before you print. Add this to your email auto signatures as a reminder to everyone.
- If it has to be printed, print double sided where possible.
- Request online invoices and order products online.
- Re-use envelopes for internal communication.
- Cancel publications and consider reducing your junk mail with the Mailing Preference Service.
- Run a ‘Switch & Save’ campaign:
- Make sure all electrical equipment is turned off when you leave the office in particular.
- Turn the lights off rather than waiting for the cleaner to do this after they have left.
- Turn off PCs at the end of the day.
- Investigate taking all, or a percentage of your energy from renewable sources or ‘green tariffs’.
- Choose energy efficient products – look for labels such as the EU Energy label.
- Manage heating and cooling with timers and sensor controls and correct rather than overriding.
- Turn off heating in empty rooms, making sure they are well ventilated.
- Set a gap or ‘dead band’ between heating and air conditioning control temperatures of about five degrees to avoid them operating at the same time.